The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
First International Bank and Trust is recognized six years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Controller position and submit your online application!
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller directs financial activities of First International Bank and Trust by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for bank-wide financial reporting, including oversight of general ledger activity
- Maintains FIBT’s accounting policies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Implements new accounting standards, as applicable. Examples include:
- Capitalization of Fixed Assets
- Business Acquisitions
- Accounting for Intangible Assets
- Investment Securities
- Accounting Guidance over Loans
- Directs preparation of the annual budget. Reviews budget proposals for accuracy and alignment with management objectives.
- Provides management with monthly financials summaries and measurements of key performance indicators (KPI).
- Preparation and/or Review of various regulatory reporting:
- Quarterly Call Report
- Annual Summary of Deposits
- Holding Co. FR-Y Reporting
- Preparation and/or Review of Annual Audited Financial Statements, and related Footnotes
- Manage relationship with external audit firm – i.e. fieldwork planning, correspondence
- Completion of Annual Capital Planning, incorporating management scenarios and stress testing
- Responsible for department’s FDICIA (internal control) documentation
- Recommends and/or Establishes corporate economic strategies, objectives and policies for First International Bank and Trust.
- Prepares cost-benefit analysis, and impact on capital, as it relates to new products or business lines.
- Participates in Regulatory Examinations, as needed
- Participates in department Strategic Planning, bringing forth ideas for improvement, efficiency and innovation
- Manages and provides valuable coaching to direct reports. Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency within the department.
- Provides staff oversight surrounding various monthly, quarterly, and annual processes:
- Monthly and Annual General Ledger Closing
- Maintenance of General Ledger structure
- Prepares/Review various Reconciliations
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Participates and attends various industry events as a representative of FIBT.
- Attends periodic training to receive information about bank products and services, and participates in an exchange of ideas and innovation.
- Explains, promotes, cross-sells, or refers Bank services to peer groups, and within our communities.
- Responsible for confidentiality, including protection of sensitive information and its integrity in compliance with First International Bank & Trust information security and departmental policies, standards and procedures. Responsible for reporting events including suspicious activity as well as cooperating with all investigations.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
Directly supervises three to five employees in the Accounting/Finance area. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting and/or Finance, or closely related field. Seven years of high-level accounting or banking experience is required. Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required.