The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Commercial Loan Officer
First International Bank and Trust is recognized six years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Commercial Loan Officer position and submit your online application!
Under the direction of Branch or Market President and senior lending staff, examines, evaluates and authorizes or recommends approval of customer applications for commercial credit loans by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Primarily processes commercial credit loans
- Interviews applicants and requests specified information for loan applications.
- Requests applicant’s credit reports, background checks, reference checks and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
- Calls or writes credit bureau and employer to verify accuracy of information.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicants or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Calls specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey and appraisal.
- Ensures all title issues are met and that loan is properly recorded.
- Reviews and analyzes title report or survey to determine issues and any present or potential risk.
- Notifies customer of approval or prepares and mails adverse action forms to applicants.
- Approves loan within specified limits or refers loan to loan committee for approval.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options and other credit terms.
- Ensures loan agreements and loan files are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Assists customer in completing all required documentation and disclosures.
- Ensures customer understands conditions and terms of account.
- Reviews delinquent account records to determine appropriate action.
- Analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for loans.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.