How to Set up Zelle®
Payments made easy with Zelle®
The holidays are a wonderful but hectic time of year. Don’t stress over finding the perfect gift. Give them what they really want – money – and spend more time enjoying the holiday season.
Your gift arrives FAST
Money is sent directly from your bank account to your recipient’s bank account in minutes*.
Receiving is so much FUN
Friends and family will love your gift because they can spend it however they want. It’s a win-win for the giver and the receiver.
Go BIG and split the cost
Zelle also makes it easy to share the cost of big-ticket gifts. Send your share directly to the gift buyer’s bank account or receive money from friends and family, if you purchased the big gift.
Start gifting today!
Not enrolled in Zelle? See below for step-by-step instructions on how to enroll through online banking or via the mobile app today.
How to set up Zelle in Online Banking:
• Step 1: Login to Online Banking and select Payments from the menu options at the top of the Home Page.
• Step 2: If you are already enrolled in Bill Pay, select Send Money with Zelle from the available options. Then skip to Step 5 below.
• Step 3: You are now on the Bill Pay set up page where you can complete the quick 3-step process to begin paying bills directly from your FIBT account(s). If you are looking to only use Zelle, scroll down on the page and select the What else can I do link towards the bottom of the page to complete your Zelle enrollment.
• Step 4: Select Send Money with Zelle.
• Step 5: Click the Get Started button on the bottom of the welcome screen.
• Step 6: Next, the token selection screen will display. Select the primary token (i.e. mobile number or email) that you want to use for sending and receiving payments via Zelle. Click Continue.
*The Zelle network only allows you to register your token (email or mobile number) with one Financial Institution. Therefore, you may be asked to transfer your token if it is already registered at another Bank.
• Step 7: If you have selected to use a mobile phone number, you will need to review and agree to the notice to receive text messages.
• Step 8: Next, you need to validate your token. A six digit code will be sent to the email address or mobile phone number selected.
• Step 9: Once you receive the verification code, enter it on the screen and click Verify.
How to set up Zelle via the FIBT Mobile app:
• Step 1: Once logged in, select Transfer & Pay from the bottom navigation menu.
*You must already be enrolled in Bill Pay to enroll in Zelle via the FIBT Mobile app. If you are not currently enrolled in Bill Pay, please complete your enrollment following the steps above through online banking.
• Step 2: Select Send Money with Zelle.
• Step 3: On the welcome screen, select Get Started.
• Step 4: Next, the token selection screen will display. Select the primary token (i.e. mobile number or email) that you want to use for sending and receiving payments via Zelle.
• Step 5: If you have selected to use a mobile phone number, you will need to review and agree to the notice to receive text messages.
• Step 6: Next, you need to validate your token. A six digit code will be sent to the email address or mobile phone number selected.
• Step 7: Once you receive the verification code, enter it on the screen and click Verify.
Congratulations! You are now ready to send and receive money using Zelle!
Watch the short video below to learn more about how to safely send money using Zelle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2dGEhyShxk
And visit our FAQ for more information about Zelle.
*Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.