The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Business Development Specialist
Position Summary: Under the direction of Branch and Market President, the Business Development Specialist develops business banking strategies in order to sell products and services to prospective clients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Develop relationships and opportunities with qualified prospects located in assigned market.
- Will play a key role in the conversion of prospects to customers.
- Perform research on each prospect and be able to determine appropriate tactics to initiate contact with prospects: phone, mail, face-to-face, or other strategy.
- Identify product needs and opportunities of a prospect and turn leads into high-quality, new business opportunities.
- A self-starter who has the ability to work in a results oriented environment.
- Record efforts and update key information for each prospect.
- Provide superior level customer relations and service; and ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Attain established individual and Bank goals through active participation in sales management process.
- Maintain flexibility with changing markets and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for loans.
- Explains, promotes, cross-sells or refers bank, insurance and trust products or services.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Attends periodic training to receive information about various bank services and participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Serve as an active participant in local community and civic engagements.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a successful track record in sales and/or business development, financial services industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Self-motivated individual with proven track record as a successful generator of quality business leads.
- Ability to take company data and identify the "hook" that will result in to a warm lead/prospect call.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to generate results from cold calling.