The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Personal Banker III
First International Bank and Trust is recognized seven years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Personal Banker III position and submit your online application!
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Retail Banking Supervisor, works as a one-stop sales and service advisor to process teller transactions, handle deposit and loan maintenance requests, interview and open new accounts, and examines, evaluates and authorizes or recommends approval of consumer applications for lines of credit and consumer credit loans. Observes, recognizes and makes referrals to mortgage, insurance, and wealth management experts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Provides exceptional customer service to existing and/or prospective customers both in person and over the phone with demonstrated professionalism.
- Performs all the duties and responsibilities to include basic teller transactions to consumer loans.
- Interviews customers to obtain information and recommend the most beneficial consumer and business products and services such as savings and checking accounts, IRAs, certificates of deposit, CDARS, first reserve loans, overdraft protection, online banking, debit and ATM cards and safe deposit boxes.
- Explains, promotes, cross-sells or refers bank, insurance, investment and wealth management products or services.
- Interviews applicants and requests specified information for loan applications.
- Obtains credit records from credit reporting agency.
- Requests applicant’s credit reports, background checks, reference checks and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
- Calls or writes credit bureau and employer to verify accuracy of information.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit and collateral property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicants or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Ensures loan agreements and loan files are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Ensure all collateral is perfected and collateral insurance is in place.
- Assists customer with completing and understanding all required documentation and disclosures
- Obtains license and actively sells credit life and LTD policies as appropriate.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options and other credit terms.
- Maintains proper correspondence and legal files.
- Review and work jointly with collection department on delinquent account records to determine which customers must be contacted for collection of overdue accounts. May also be involved in repossession and judgments.
- Reviews and promptly corrects all new account exceptions and updates customer information profiles for accuracy and new account documentation.
- Responds to customer inquiries including payment questions, payoffs and loan values.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Responsible for confidentiality including protection of sensitive information and its integrity in compliance with First International Bank & Trust information security and departmental policies, standards and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting events including suspicious activity as well as cooperating with all investigations.
- Attends periodic trainings to remain current on trends and developments, participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) or higher; 3-5 years prior banking related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior consumer lending and collection experience preferred.