The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Mortgage Disclosure Desk Specialist
First International Bank and Trust is recognized seven years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Mortgage Disclosure Desk Specialist position and submit your online application!
Position Summary: Under the direction of Mortgage Processing Manager, provides assistance to the Lending Department by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Answers telephone and directs customers to bank officers and staff.
- Monitors visitor access and issues security passes.
- Responds to customer inquiries including payment questions, payoffs and loan values.
- Analyze credit reports and verify and analyze asset and income information
- Maintain a working knowledge and utilization of Day 1 Certainty guidelines.
- Order loan related consumer documents including VOD, VOE and VOM, with an emphasis on utilization of Day 1 Certainty.
- Generate and deliver all consumer mortgage loan initial disclosure and re-disclosures for all home loan transactions that are compliant and complete per agency and regulatory guidelines following SLA turn-times.
- Work closely with all mortgage loan team members to ensure accurate, complete, legally compliant and timely delivery of mortgage loan documents in accordance with national and state lending practices to consumer clients.
- Possess and maintain a current working knowledge of mortgage compliance regulations for Conventional, Portfolio, Jumbo, FHA, USDA and VA loan programs, as well as Residential Mortgage regulatory guidelines
- Prepares Change of Circumstance re-disclosures within 3 days after assuring the accuracy of loan information and fees to mitigate TRID, RESPA and ECOA violations as well as the company losses due to tolerance cures.
- Submits files to Underwriting and follows up with assistance in getting any possible conditions cleared so that loan transaction can be closed.
- Validates disclosed-but-not-acknowledged loans and sends hard copy disclosures in compliance with regulations
- Bring to the immediate attention of the Operations Manager any potential compliance issue or question so that it can be identified and addressed
- Utilize working knowledge of the loan process and loan specific guidelines as well as specific information received from Loan Originators to review and prepare initial consumer disclosures as required, as well as initial processing file review.
- Review items for accuracy that are populated in the mortgage loan origination system, such as loan amount, interest rate, taxes, insurance and all other applicable fees
- Update mortgage loan origination system to document and notify the appropriate parties that disclosures have been provided to consumers.
- Prepare and review daily reports to confirm all disclosures and re-disclosures have been processed in a timely manner
- Embody a positive attitude and willingness to help colleagues.
- Provides loan support to mortgage originators assisting with loan file comments and withdrawn/denied files in compliance with company loan file policy and procedures.
- Provides assistance to the Mortgage Loan Department on projects and assignments as needed.
- Calls or writes credit bureau and employer to verify accuracy of information.
- Request property abstract, title, survey and appraisal from designated companies.
- Prepares and mails adverse action forms to applicants.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Attends periodic training to receive information about various bank services and participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations including proven ability to apply these requirements to business practices and systems including but not limited to TRID, TILA, RESPA, REGZ, ECOA, MDIA, BSA/AML, and HMDA. Working knowledge of Ellie Mae Encompass and E-Disclosures. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent