The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
First International Bank and Trust is recognized seven years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Universal Banker position and submit your online application!
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Retail Banking Supervisor, works as a one-stop sales and service advisor to proficiently process teller transactions, interview customers and open along with maintenance consumer and business deposit accounts, examine, evaluate, recommend approval of customer applications for lines of credit, consumer credit loans, and be NMLS qualified to process and close compliant home equity term and home equity line of credit loans. Observes, recognizes and makes referrals to mortgage, insurance and wealth management experts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Provides exceptional customer service to existing and/or prospective customers both in person and over the phone with demonstrated professionalism.
- Performs all the consumer related duties and responsibilities from basic teller transactions to home equity loans.
- Explains, promotes, cross-sells or refers bank, insurance, investment and wealth management products or services.
- Analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for loans. Develops new business relationships in respective market. Participates in sales call program.
- Interviews applicants and requests specified information for deposit requests and loan applications.
- Obtains credit records from credit reporting agency.
- Requests applicant’s credit reports, background checks, reference checks and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit reports and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Reviews and analyzes home collateral title report or survey to determine issues and any present or potential risk.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicants or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Ensures loan agreements and loan files are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Assists customer in completing and understanding all required documentation and disclosures.
- Ensures all collateral is perfected with title requirements being met and the loan properly recorded.
- Notifies customer of approval or types and mails adverse action forms to applicants.
- Approves loan within specified limits or refers loan to loan committee for approval.
- Obtains license and actively sells the benefits of credit life and LTD policies as appropriate.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options and other credit terms.
- Maintains proper correspondence and legal files.
- Review and work jointly with collection department on delinquent account records to determine which customers must be contacted for collection of overdue accounts. May also be involved in repossession and judgments
- Responds to customer inquiries including payment questions, payoffs and loan values.
- Originates loan correspondence.
- Reviews and promptly corrects all new account exceptions and updates customer information profiles for accuracy and new account documentation.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Attends periodic trainings to remain current on trends and developments, participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Responsible for confidentiality including protection of sensitive information and its integrity in compliance with First International Bank & Trust information security and departmental policies, standards and procedures. Responsible for reporting events including suspicious activity as well as cooperating with all investigations.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience with opening accounts, running transactions, consumer loans and HELOC/Term loans preferred.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) or higher; 3 years prior banking related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.