The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Mortgage Loan Closer
First International Bank and Trust is recognized seven years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Mortgage Loan Closer position and submit your online application!
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Mortgage Loan Closing Supervisor, provides assistance to the Secondary Market lending staff in preparing documents for the loan closings and handle the post-closing tasks by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Works with the title companies by providing the closing fees applicable to each file and obtaining an approved Closing Disclosures.
- Responds to Loan Officer questions about their Closing Disclosure and any other closing documents
- Reviews the initial documents in the file for Compliance based on our Bank guidelines, in addition to the Investor guidelines.
- Accurately prepares the closing documents needed to perform the Closing and sends them to the title company to be signed
- Sets the loan up in our bank system (ITI/FiServ)
- Wires the necessary funds to the title company in order to perform the Closing
- Once the file is received back from the title company, reviews the documents for accuracy
- Pays any necessary bills associated with each file
- Performs an audit and another Compliance review on the closing documents
- Prepares the file for sending to the Investor
- Remits payments for insuring/guaranty purposes to FHA, VA, and/or USDA depending on file type
- Remits escrow funds to FHLB when applicable
- Maintains final documents such as recorded docs and final title policies and submits to the Investor
- Handles the funding of a loan when purchased by an Investor
- Works with the Investor and other Mortgage loan staff on clearing any post-closing conditions
- Reviews loan reports for completeness and accuracy; corrects any errors that have been made within the Closing department
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings
- Attends periodic training, Staff and/or Department meetings to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings
- Other duties as assigned
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of mortgage processing and/or loan origination a plus.