The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Customer Service Representative
|Location:||Watford City, ND|
First International Bank and Trust is recognized six years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Customer Service Representative position and submit your online application!
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Retail Operations Supervisor, receives and pays out money, transfers funds, processes and maintains records of transactions and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Provides superior customer service to existing and/or prospective customers both in person and over the phone with demonstrated professionalism.
- Adheres to security policies and procedures as established by bank policy and practice.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks, processes credit card cash advances and pays out money after verification of signatures, account balances and OFAC verification.
- Follows BSA and know your customer compliance using established customer service practices
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions and issues computer generated receipts.
- Prepares forms for placing holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Maintains cash supply in cash drawer while adhering to balance requirements.
- Balances currency, coin and checks in cash drawer each day and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Explains, promotes, cross-sells or refers bank, insurance, investments and trust products or services such as gift cards, savings bonds, money orders and cashier's checks.
- Removes deposits from and counts cash in night depository under dual control.
- Prepares coin including coin counting and coin rolling.
- Accepts loan, treasury tax and loan and credit card payments.
- Places items in scanner and activates machine to automatically image and total transaction documents.
- Compares machine totals to listing received with batched items and rechecks each item if totals differ.
- Receives and records customer payment of yearly safe deposit fee.
- Receives and reviews customer check orders for accuracy. Submits for processing.
- Maintains proper correspondence and legal files.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Completed required online compliance training courses as assigned.
- Attends periodic training to receive information about various bank services and participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalency; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.