The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Under the direction of the Trust Market Manager (TMM) or Market President – Private Wealth Management (MP-PWM), the Trust Officer (TO) will serve as the primary point of contact in the trust and estate field. With the support of Trust Administrators, Trust Associates, and other Private Wealth Management professionals, the TO will act as the Personal Representative, a Trustee, a Conservator or an Agent. Ensures adherence to bank policies, procedures, objectives, and practices and applicable laws.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- CLIENT GROWTH: (50%)
- Cultivates relationships with community contacts and professional advisors to identify, and win new business opportunities.
- Combines technical fiduciary knowledge with client discovery to enhance and deepen existing client relationships.
- Engages with the market team to develop strategies and marketing programs designed to enhance the client experience.
- ADMINISTRATION: (40%)
- Administers an assigned Fiduciary book of business.
- Manages Trust relationships, ensuring that all client objectives are met and are consistent with governing documents, fiduciary administration principals, and legal standards.
- Reviews, approves, and directs disbursement of fiduciary funds according to conditions of the trust and needs of beneficiaries.
- Meets with beneficiaries and wealth management clients to review relationships, accounts, discuss their needs, analyze problems and provide relationship-based solutions
- Oversees preparations and filing of fiduciary federal and state tax returns.
- Monitor and control risks related to account administration, including review and approval of administrative, unique asset, and investment reviews in a timely manner
- Serve as a member of the Trust Administrative Committee.
- Delegates as appropriate to Trust Administrators and Trust Associates.
- Maintain current knowledge of and complies with all applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures.
- COMMUNITY: (10%)
- Can serve as an ambassador of the PWM business and FIBT in the local market.
- Represents the bank in the community through leadership; could sit on one or more non-profit boards.
- Represents the bank in trust and estate planning industry through participation and leadership in one or more industry groups.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree; two –four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working towards advanced degree or certification (J.D., CPA, CTFA, CFP®, etc.) is preferred.
- 5+ years of trust and fiduciary experience with an emphasis on client service, business development, and trust administration.
- Strong ability to work as a part of a team.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and a self-starter.
- Local market experience preferred.