The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Head of Investment Management
First International Bank and Trust is recognized six years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Head of Investment Management position and submit your online application!
Position Summary: The Head of Investment Management (HIM) will be responsible for the development and implementation of FIBT’s wealth investment process. The (HIM) provides leadership and insight with the respect to the development of the investment selection process and the adherence to (PWM) policies, procedures, objectives, practices and applicable laws. The (HIM) reports to the President/Director of Wealth Management, will chair and be accountable to the Trust Investment Committee (TIC), lead a staff of investment professionals/support staff and work directly with Private Wealth Management Market Presidents to support asset management, trust and employee benefits lines of business growth.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support (TIC) with insights, analysis, research, and recommendations in setting strategy, asset allocation, risk, and liquidity guidelines.
- Steward and build productive partnerships with external investment managers and investment. Research and recommend managers and strategies.
- Lead and develop a team that meets, assesses, and monitors managers, in conjunction with various strategic consulting partners, providing manager due diligence and updates to (TIC) members.
- Be available as a spokesperson on the FIBT’s investment processes and track record and to meet with current and potential clients, the Board of Directors, as well as others.
- Provide a conduit for market intelligence on both specific investment opportunities, as well as global macroeconomic trends, to the (TIC) members and the Board of Directors, and (PWM) staff.
- Ensure the necessary investment processes and oversight infrastructure are in place to assure secure execution of investment strategies through multiple vehicles, as well as to assess and report on asset allocation, risk, and performance to the (TIC).
- Work with the President/Director of Wealth Management on business planning and administration of the annual budget and spending plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree; advanced degree is considered a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of investment management, portfolio management, and investment administration experience within a trust/fiduciary and wealth management environment.
- CFA designation is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of FDIC, OCC and SEC regulations as it pertains to investment management
- Experience in a wide variety of asset classes, investment styles, and global markets, including alternative investments. Breadth of investment knowledge is more valuable than depth in any one market or asset class.
- Strong research background with exceptional writing and communications skills.
- Experience leading small teams as the CIO or investment team leader within another investment organization, preferably with manager-of-manager experience.
- Significant asset allocation and portfolio construction experience.
- Strong ability to work as a part of a team.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and a self-starter.