The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
First International Bank and Trust is recognized six years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Mortgage Underwriter position and submit your online application!
The Mortgage Banker is responsible for proactively soliciting new residential mortgage business to meet established loan quality and production goals as well as assisting Senior Loan Officer with files in their pipeline. In this on-going sales role, the Mortgage Banker continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities and is enhanced by the Mortgage Banker’s regular participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote home ownership and professional organizations by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with business referral sources including existing and prospective leads.
- Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Develops business referral network through marketing, cold-calling, prospecting and networking activities.
- Generates new business opportunities to achieve production/sales goals as established by direct manager and the company.
- Participates in community efforts to promote home ownership.
- Meets with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyzes applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Maintains current and thorough knowledge of all lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Associate's degree (A. A.) preferred; or one to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MLO license preferred; lender can arrange for licensing for qualified candidate.