The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Wealth & Insurance Planning Specialist
First International Bank and Trust is recognized six years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Insurance & Wealth Planning Specialist position and submit your online application!
Under the direction of the Market President – Private Wealth Management (“MPPWM)” and the Director of Insurance, the Wealth & Insurance Planning Specialist (“WIPS”) works with individuals, families, and businesses to help these customers understand their financial circumstances and how to reach their short-term and long-term financial objectives. Serves as the planning and insurance subject matter expert in assigned market (s.), for new business development, account administration, and ongoing customer service. Partners with other members of the Private Wealth Management, Insurance, and Investment Advisory teams to deliver full balance sheet solutions to our customers.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Cultivates relationships with community contacts and professional advisors to identify, and win new business opportunities.
- Combines technical planning and insurance knowledge with client discovery to enhance and deepen existing client relationships.
- Engages with the market team to develop strategies and marketing programs designed to enhance the client experience
- Utilizes a consultative team-based approach, originates life, log-term-care, umbrella, accident and health, property, or other types of insurance
- Owns the administration of all wealth and planning insurance accounts in assigned book
- Serves as a product expert for fiduciary review of trust owned life insurance policies (“TOLI”)
- insurance Delegates as appropriate to Trust Administrators and Trust Associates
- Mentor and support other team members on trust and estate products and services
- Maintain current knowledge of and complies with all applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Promotes FIB&T culture, products and services.
- Serves as an ambassador of FIBT in the local market
- Represents the bank in the community through leadership on one or more non-profit boards
- Represents the bank in insurance and wealth planning industry through participation and leadership in one or more industry groups.
- Other duties as assigned
- Active producer license in good standing from state of residency.
- Acquires non-residence licenses as necessary.
- In-depth / expert knowledge of insurance products, services, web sites, and rating systems.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Advanced certification preferred (ChFC, CLU, CASL, RHU, CFP®, etc.)
- 7+ years of insurance and wealth planning experience with an emphasis on client service and business development
- Strong ability to work as a part of a team
- Local market experience preferred